Carrot cake is my ultimate favourite cake ever. And, as you can tell, I’m pretty much obsessed with oatmeal. So I came up with this healthy alternative to carrot cake by flavouring my oatmeal to taste just like it! Super high in protein and super delicious!! Coming in at around 470 calories for the whole recipe, depending on which brands you use etc. Obviously you can cut the carbs and cals down by omitting the honey and raisins if you wish.
For the oatmeal –
- 40g oats
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 15g raisins
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 whole egg
- enough water to cover (for desired consistency)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
For the toppings –
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp. low fat cream cheese
- Add all of the oatmeal ingredients into a pan (except for the protein powder – if adding).
- Fix on a low heat and continue to stir until desired consistency is reached and oatmeal is cooked through and creamy.
- Pour into your serving bowl and stir through your protein powder.
- Mix together the low fat cream cheese and nut butter and add to the top of your oatmeal along with the honey. Enjoy!