With pancake day coming up next week, I have been hit with some serious pancake cravings recently. So today I tried a new recipe for healthy lower carb pancakes, and the SMELL of these babies as they cooked just inspired me to blog.
Coming in at around 400 calories for the entire stack (!!) and the only carbs coming from the sweet potato – following my measurements, just under 30g carbs. These macros are not including any toppings that you choose to add.
- 130g sweet potato
- 30g whey isolate protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking power
- splash of almond milk
- Cook your potato, I microwaved mine for around 7 minutes until soft and the skin peeled off easily.
- I then used my NutriBullet to blend all the ingredients together. (I used the MyProtein gingerbread flavour of whey protein and it was insanely delicious.)
- Heat up your pan and add oil, I used a low calorie coconut oil spray.
- Pour on some batter, depending on size of pancakes desired. I managed to make 3 medium sized pancakes.
- The first one will take roughly 4 minutes to cook on one side, and then less time on the other side.
- The others should cook quicker since the pan will have heated up. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn!
- Repeat the process for the rest of the batter.
- Stack and serve with any toppings of choice! (I used some blackcurrants and just heated them in the microwave with a splash of water for 30-40 seconds.)